High Tide Student Film Festival
The Aquarium of the Pacific is excited to invite Southern California high school students to participate in its second annual High Tide Student Film Festival.
Presented by Dr. Allen and Charlotte Ginsburg
Exploring science and conservation through creative visual storytelling
The Aquarium of the Pacific is excited to invite Southern California high school students to participate in the High Tide Student Film Festival. Individuals or small teams of up to four participants are challenged to create a short three-minute video (180-second maximum) on one of three ocean science themed topics:
- Ocean Innovation
- Local Treasures
- Coral Reefs
Film experience is not required. All you need is creativity and the ability to tell your story and inspire others. Topic descriptions and resources are provided. There will be a virtual workshop on Creative storytelling and filmmaking resources.
A distinguished group of invited judges will determine the Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners based on storytelling, content, creativity, and technical aspects (see cash prizes and awards below). Films should deliver information that connects their topic to the audience in a compelling way. Finalists are required to attend the film screening and awards ceremony that will be held on June 1, 2022. Teachers, families, and friends will be invited to help celebrate.
Check out the 2021 High Tide Film Festival here!
Winning films for each topic will receive:
- $2,000 Gold Award
- $1,500 Silver Award
- $1,000 Bronze Award
Finalists will also receive:
- High Tide Student Film Festival Award certificate
- Inclusion in news article in Pacific Currents, Aquarium member magazine
- Four admission tickets to the Aquarium of the Pacific
How do I apply?
- Sign up with: Participant Registration Form to receive contest email updates and workshop details
- Read and Follow: High Tide Student Film Festival Rules and Guidelines
Submit: High Tide Student Application and Film Submission - Available March 1, 2022
- All participants on the team must submit their own application.
- Parent/guardian consent and signature are required for students under 18 years old.
- Selected finalists are required to submit additional forms (see Rules and Guidelines).
|Participant Registration Form submission|
|March 1-April 2||Website open for High Tide Application and Film Submission|
|April 3||Final deadline for all students to submit High Tide Application and film.|
|May 2nd||Finalists are notified|
Finalists deadline to submit all additional forms, including:
|June 1||High Tide Film Screening and Awards Ceremony at the Aquarium of the Pacific|
For additional information, contact us at: HighTideFilmFestival@lbaop.org