Frequently Asked Questions
These are some answers to our most popular questions.
- Q: Will you donate to our fundraiser?
- A: Ticket/In-Kind Donation Request Guidelines
As a non-profit organization, the Aquarium is happy to assist other non-profit groups with their fundraising and event planning needs. In order to receive your pair of Aquarium admission tickets, please forward your request in writing on your organization’s letterhead along with a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope to:
Guest Support Center Donation Request
Aquarium of the Pacific
100 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802
- Please allow 1 to 2 weeks for processing.
- The Aquarium will no longer accept fax, e-mail, or phone call requests as a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope is now required.
- We are pleased to provide 2 complimentary tickets per organization/event, per year.
- In the spirit of being “Green,” we do not need a letter of thanks for each donation.
- Q: Do you have wheelchairs, what’s the cost to rent one?
- A: Wheelchairs are complimentary and can be checked out at the information desk on a first come, first serve basis. A credit card is required at the time of check out
- Q: Do you have strollers?
- A: The Aquarium offers baby “backpacks”, which can be borrowed free of charge at our information desk. We do not offer strollers at this time. A credit card is required at the time of check out. While we do not have strollers for use, you are always welcome to bring your own. Also, on very busy days we have stroller parking areas throughout the Aquarium for your convenience.
- Q: Are cameras or video cameras allowed?
- A: Cameras and video cameras are permitted in the Aquarium, as long as the footage is for personal use. Tripods are not permitted.
- Q: Do you have reciprocal memberships?
- A: Currently, we do not offer any reciprocal memberships with any other museums, zoos or aquariums.
- Q: Directions to the Aquarium.
- A: Our Aquarium is accessible from all major freeways. From the 5, 91, 60, 105, or 405 freeway you can connect to the 710 freeway South. The 710 will end and become Shoreline Drive. Proceed in the middle lane and continue straight on Shoreline Drive and make a right on Aquarium Way. You will find the Aquarium on your left and the Queensway Bay parking structure on your right.
- Q: Directions to the Aquarium from the Blue Line.
- A: The Aquarium is accessible from the MTA Blue line train. From the Blue line train you will exit at the Transit Mall station to Pine Ave and 1st Street. Cross the street to your right on Pine Ave and take the Passport C shuttle bus to the Aquarium. For additional directions, travel and/or arrival times, you may call 1(800) COMMUTE or log on to http://www.metro.net.
- Q: Do you allow outside food in the Aquarium?
- A: The Aquarium does not allow any outside food within the Aquarium. However, we do have picnic tables located on the plaza on a first come, first serve basis. Any snacks, lunches or edible items may be consumed in this area.
- Q: Are you open when it’s raining?
- A: Yes, we are still open in the rain! Occasionally the Lorikeet Forest will close when it rains if the ground becomes slick, however all other exhibits will remain open.
- Q: Do you have locker facilities available?
- A: Unfortunately we do not have any lockers available at this time.
- Q: I purchased my general admission tickets online for a specific date and time; however, I don’t think I will make it there at that time (or on that date). What should I do?
- A: Unused general admission tickets are valid for one year from the date of purchase. You are welcome to use your ticket within one year of the date selected. This does not apply to boat programming or tours.
- Q: How can I interview a Marine Biologist?
- A: Please submit questions in the form of an email to email@example.com. Please allow 1-2 weeks for a reply.
- Q: Do you have a restaurant at your facility?
- A: We have a cafeteria style restaurant called Café Scuba that is available for guests on our second floor. For more information on Café Scuba please click here.
- Q: Do you allow re-entry into the Aquarium?
- A: Re-entry will be allowed for same day visits at the Aquarium. Be sure to have your hand stamped at the exit door. You will need a valid hand stamp to be allowed re-entry on the same date of visit.
- Q: My child is under 3. What is the cost?
- A: There is no charge for children under the age of 3 to visit the Aquarium.
- Q: Is there a place where nursing mothers can breastfeed?
- A: Yes, there is a family area in the downstairs women’s restroom located near the coffee cart in the Great Hall of the Aquarium.
- Q: What is the cost of parking?
- A: Parking is available for Aquarium and Pierpoint Landing guests with receipt/ticket stub at an adjacent parking structure (99 Aquarium Way) for a fee. The parking structure is operated seven days a week. Credit cards are accepted. Aquarium visitors pay an $8 flat rate after validating at a scanner inside the Aquarium.
- Q: Do you have birthday parties?
- A: Yes we do! Read here for more information.
- Q: Do you have overnights/sleepovers?
- A: Yes we do! Read here for more information.
- Q: What is the Aquarium on Wheels program?
- A: The Aquarium on Wheels is our mobile aquarium outreach truck, which visits schools and community events. Read here for more information.