For any questions not addressed here, please call us at (562) 437-3474 or email email@example.com.
ADOPTING AN ANIMAL
- Why should I Adopt an Animal?
- When you adopt an animal at the Aquarium of the Pacific, you support us in continuing to provide the best possible animal care and medical treatment available. That’s not all! Adopt an Animal proceeds also fund our conservation initiatives and programs and important animal breeding efforts so that you can ensure a better world for your favorite animals.
- How do I adopt an animal?
- You may adopt an animal online or on site at our Adopt an Animal kiosk. If you need assistance from our staff, please contact our Guest Support Center at (562) 590-3100 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Is this donation tax-deductible?
- The Aquarium of the Pacific is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record.
- When will I receive my adoption materials?
- All physical adoption packages are shipped via USPS First-Class / Priority Mail and may take 6 to 10 business days to be delivered. Delivery date and time cannot be guaranteed.
- Can I adopt an animal without receiving a physical adoption package?
- Yes! Choose the level you wish to adopt and check the box marked “I would like to waive my adoption benefits”. By selecting this option, you will not receive physical adoption materials in the mail.
- I live outside the United States, can I still adopt an animal?
- Unfortunately, we can only ship adoption packages to valid addresses in the United States. However, we have a digital adoption package available at the $25 level or you may choose to waive your physical adoption benefits. Your generous support helps us in providing excellent care and food for your favorite animals at the aquarium.
↑ Back to Top
- How do I adopt an animal for someone else?
- Choose the “Adopt” button on our Adopt an Animal page and choose the level you wish to adopt for your gift recipient. Check the box marked “This adoption is a gift for someone else”. Enter your gift recipient’s name and contact information. Then, enter your name and email. All adoption materials will be mailed to the address provided in the mailing section.
- Can I adopt an animal for someone else but have the materials shipped to me?
- Yes. Please provide the preferred mailing address in the appropriate section. If you have already adopted an animal, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 562-437-3474 to update your mailing information. If you are adopting an animal by phone, please let the Guest Support Specialist know that you wish to have the adoption package mailed to your address.
- How do I include a message for the gift recipient?
- Choose the “Adopt” button on our Adopt an Animal page. Toggle the gift adoption box on the donation page after choosing the level of adoption for your gift recipient. Then, enter your message in the comment box labeled “Your message to the recipient”. We have a 250-character limit for special messages.
↑ Back to Top