This internship provides an introduction to aquarium veterinary medicine for undergraduate students or veterinary technician students.
Commitment: 24-40 hrs/week for 4 weeks minimum and 8 weeks maximum
Available dates: June –August
Application Deadline: March 11
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Cleaning/housekeeping of animal cages and hospital areas
- Reading appropriate assigned materials
- Keeping a log/journal of experiences
- Observing and learning animal restraint and treatment
- Observing medical and surgical procedures
- Assisting with any tasks required by the veterinarian or the veterinary technician
- Must be 18 years or older and able to lift 50lbs.
- Undergraduate students must have completed a minimum of 2 years of study in a life sciences or pre-veterinary curriculum with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Veterinary technician students must have completed a minimum of one year in an accredited licensing program.
- Desire to apply to veterinary school or to work in a zoo/aquarium for veterinary technician students
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous volunteer or work experience with the husbandry of exotic/zoo/aquatic animals is not required but is heavily considered in the application process
You will need to upload following documents
- Letter of Interest (upload in cover letter section)
- Resume or CV
- Recommendation letter from a professor or academic advisor
- Unofficial transcript
When you have all necessary documents please hit the apply button below.