We are apologize for the inconvenience but this volunteer is program is temporarily postponed until further notice. Please check back for updates and other unique volunteer opportunities.
The Aquarium of the Pacific’s Student Eco Ambassadors (SEA) program is a highly structured volunteer role that focuses on current global issues, while providing participants a unique opportunity to travel abroad. Ambassadors will become familiar with the conservation ecology of both land and ocean environments, then educate Aquarium visitors about the importance of these ecosystems. Finally, participants will travel to Costa Rica to take part in an exciting conservation expedition. Please join us on this once-in-a-lifetime journey that blends volunteering, science, and leadership curriculum together with globetrotting adventure!
- Skills needed to become an advocate for the environment.
- An in-depth understanding of ecology, conservation, and environmental issues.
- Hands on research and field experience.
- Workplace and leadership skills.
- Work with Aquarium staff to promote stewardship in our local community
- Volunteer at the Reserva Playa Tortuga Field Station
- Survey mammals living among the coastal areas where the jungle meets the shore.
- Take part in current research projects.
- Discover jungle plants and animals on guided hikes
- Emerge yourself in the culture and connect with local community members
- Take Surf lessons and go river rafting
|Enrollment Deadline:||April 1, 2020|
|S.E.A. Program Duration:||May 2020 - July 2020|
|Program Schedule:||Saturdays in May, June, and July from 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM|
|Age:||14-18 and currently enrolled in high school|
|Costa Rica Travel:||June 29th 2020 – July 8th 2020|
Join us at one of our informational meetings to learn more about this amazing trip!
- Sunday, March 15 5:30-6:30 PM
To RSVP for a meeting please fill out the following Google Form.
For more information, please contact Raelene Child at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 951-3126.
Volunteering at the Aquarium
The Aquarium owes much of its success to our dedicated and committed volunteer staff. You can be part of that story by joining our team in one of the many volunteer or intern programs that we offer throughout the Aquarium.