Student Poster Exhibit
Co-Hosted by Blue Latitudes Foundation in collaboration with Ocean Protection Council, California Coastal Commission, and California State Lands Commission. All entries will be judged by a jury comprised of representatives of all co-hosting agencies.
The exhibit is open to all currently enrolled college undergraduate and graduate students. To be eligible, posters must deal with one, or more, of the following themes:
- Rigs to Reefs, Net Environmental Benefit Analysis
- Biological assemblages on and around California’s offshore oil platforms
- Effects of oil platforms on fishing, both recreational fishing and/or commercial fishing
- Potential re-use of one, or more, of the oil platforms off the California coast once their productive lifetimes are over
- Shellmounds; profile, removal
- Disposal and recycling of platforms
- Engineering challenges of removing fixed bottom platforms in deep Outer Continental Shelf waters
All poster themes must be based on science, to the extent possible, with appropriate references. All Submissions will be juried by the Steering Committee.
Poster abstract deadline is November 26, 2019 (Email your abstract to LBROWN@LBAOP.ORG) Decisions of acceptance will be made by December 6, 2019 and all entrants will be notified by December 9, 2019 and deliver posters to the Aquarium of the Pacific, attention Linda Brown, 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, 90802 between January 10-11, 2020. Students whose posters are accepted will have the registration fee waived.
Accepted posters will be on display throughout the Forum and the reception. Students are encouraged to be with their posters during the reception but attendance at the Forum is not mandatory.
All posters must conform to the following guidelines.
- All horizontal posters must be no larger than a 36” x 48” standard trifold poster board
- All vertical posters must be no larger than a 24” x 36” standard poster board
- A banner displaying the poster title, and the name of the presenter and the college or university affiliation
- Text/abstract should not exceed 350 words
- Text information should be readable from a distance of 4 feet (use a font size of 20pt. or larger)
- Photographs should be a minimum of 5 x 7 inches
- No advertising may be displayed on the poster
- The poster should be as “self-explanatory” as possible
- Your name, address, email address, school must be listed on the back side of the poster
Please email LBROWN@LBAOP.ORG for more information.