Offshore Oil Platform Decommissioning Forum Report
The Aquarium hosted a forum to investigate the issue of decommissioning oil rigs.
Once these structures have reached the end of their functional lifespan, drilling operators, government agencies, and surrounding communities must decide what to do with them.
- Aquarium of the Pacific (AoP)
- California Ocean Protection Council (OPC)
- California State Lands Commission (CSLC)
- Honda Marine Science Foundation (HMSF)
- Dr. Allen and Charlotte Ginsburg
- Blue Latitude Foundation (Poster Session)
In Partnership with:
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM)
- To facilitate public awareness of the process to decommission oil and gas platforms and facilities offshore California
- To provide information about decommissioning options and the environmental review process
- To raise awareness about public involvement and opportunities for public engagement during the decision-making process
- To invite the public to participate in and inform the state and federal decision-making process