Filming Policy & Site Location Fees
Guidelines and fees for photo and film production crews
The following documents outline the guidelines and fees for photo and film production crews who wish to use the Aquarium of the Pacific as a location/or use animals and staff for shooting all or part of feature films, television commercials, television series, music videos, print advertisements, documentaries, etc.
The first step is to submit a proposal and script/storyboards. Once approved, please download, print, and send the signed and completed paperwork to us via scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Marilyn Padilla (562) 590-3109. We will also need a certificate of insurance as detailed in the policy and a copy of your City permit.
Aquarium of the Pacific Location Checklist
To secure your date:
- Submit a film/photo shoot proposal
- Provide the fully-executed Aquarium Location Policy/Addendum A
- Submit a certificate of insurance at least one week prior. (Must include as detailed in Addendum A of the Aquarium’s Location Agreement:
- $1 million in general liability, workers comp, and auto
- Include the following wording in the description section “A waiver of subrogation is granted in favor of the additional insured”
- The additional insured section must include the following wording “Aquarium of the Pacific and the City of Long Beach, and their Officers, Employees, and Volunteers”
- Endorsement pages must be included
- Insurance should be “Primary and Non-Contributory” coverage. If any of the above is missing or incorrect, the final complete and correct certificate of insurance must be provided to the Aquarium’s PR department at least 2 business days prior.
- Provide your billing information. (Company name, address, phone, fax, and contact name and contact phone)
- Provide a copy of your script. (For reality television an episode synopsis or outline / For photography a storyboard or mockup).
- Provide a copy of your COVID-19 safety protocols and safety/sanitation plan for your shoot at the Aquarium.
Prior to filming
- Schedule a Technical Scout (at least one week prior)
- Provide a copy of your City of Long Beach permit. Contact Long Beach Special Events and Filming. Contact info: Phone: (562) 570-5333; Fax: (562) 570-5335
- Full payment
Additional paperwork may be required depending on the nature of the shoot, i.e. copy of open water SCUBA dive certification and signed dive waiver for SCUBA/snorkeling, signed Animal Encounter Agreement for interacting with the sea lions, sea otters, sharks, or penguins, etc.