Websites and Media Resources
- PBS Learning Media, Water Conservation
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Precipitation Education
- National Geographic, In your watershed
- Nature Bridges, Watershed Studies
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Science on a Sphere Data Set,
Groundwater Storage: Ice and Aquifers
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Science on a Sphere Data Set, Real-time Drought Risk
- Water Replenishment District of Southern California, Teacher Lounge
Group and School Field Trip Opportunities
- Aquarium of the Pacific – (562) 590-3100 Offers hands-on classroom programs for K-12th grade, and public programs for children and adults.
- Crystal Cove State Park – (949) 497-7647 Offers many interpretive programs for visiting school groups including “Tidepools” and “Marine Debris and Recycling.”
- Marine Mammal Care Center – (415) 289-7330 Groups are invited to learn about seals, sea lions, and the marine environment.
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium – (310) 393-6149 Offers a free “Key to the Sea” hands-on program for teachers and students
- The SEA Laboratory – (310) 318-7438 Field Trips consist of a guided touch tank tour, beach exploration, and grade specific classroom/lab activity for K-12th grade students.
- Upper Newport Bay Friends and Naturalists – (949) 640-6746 Offers interpretive center programs, kayak tours, high school field activities and more.
Water and Watershed Resources
- Aquarium of the Pacific, Saving Water
- California Department of Conservation, Watershed Portal
- H20 Conserve, Water Calculator
- Long Beach Water Department, Water Facts
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, About Your Water
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California: Be Water Wise, Ways to Save
- Rivers and Mountains Conservancy- Water and Watershed Management Plans
- Southern California Coastal Water Research Project, Wetlands
- State Water Resources Control Board, California’s Areas of Special Biological Significance
- United States Environmental Protection Agency, Surf Your Watershed
- United States Environmental Protection Agency, Water Topics
- United States Geological Society, Science in Your Watershed
- Water Replenishment District of Southern California, Main Page
- California Native Plant Society, Native Plants Will Help Save You Water
- Long Beach Water Department, Lawn to Garden program
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California: Be Water Wise, Home and Garden
- Theodore Payne Foundation for Wildflowers and Native Plants, Education
- Aquarium of the Pacific: Barbara Crane Lecture, LA River Watershed through Fiction and Photographs
- Aquarium of the Pacific: Bill Patzert, California Drought: Are We In or Out?