Virtual Field Trip Frequently Asked Questions
- I booked a virtual field trip program, what happens next?
- Your reservation is the first step. An Education staff member will contact you by email or phone 2-3 weeks before your scheduled date to review details and discuss virtual connection steps.
- Will we be able to do a test connection for our virtual field trip before the program?
- Setting up a test connection is optional, but we are happy to schedule one if you would like. An Education staff member will contact you once your program is booked and at that time you can request to schedule a test connection.
- What kind of equipment will I need for my virtual field trip?
- Participants will need an internet capable computer, laptop, or mobile device with a camera and speakers to connect to the Aquarium studio using Zoom software. Alternative methods to connect include an H.323 Cisco or Polycom device that connects using an IP address.
- There is no charge to cancel or reschedule your virtual field trip if it is more than 48 hours prior to your confirmed date and time. If you cancel your program within 48 hours, you will be charged for the full price of the program. Inclement weather, technological problems on our end, and any other uncontrollable factors will be taken into account.
- We have scheduled a virtual field trip program; do we need to supply anything?
- For most programs you will not need any additional supplies, outside of your internet capable computer with camera and speakers. If you booked a squid dissection program, a box of squid will be delivered to a single address, which will include directions to ensure the squid is ready for the day of your program. You will need to supply dissection tools.
- Is there anything I can do to prepare my students?
- Pre and post materials can be a great addition to your program. Programs with these materials can be found on our website and include an instructor’s guide for suggested use.
- What is the best way to set up my classroom for the virtual field trip experience?
- Any format will work as long as we are able to see as many of your learners as possible. If connecting from an in-person classroom, please have the camera and speakers as close to the learners as possible. We may ask for the instructor’s assistance calling on learners or repeating/relaying responses.
- What is the maximum number of students that can participate during a session?
- To ensure the highest level of interactivity and engagement for your students there is a maximum of 35 students per program.
- Will there be time for the learners to ask questions during the program?
- Yes! Questions throughout the program are encouraged. Additionally, the last five to ten minutes of each program will be dedicated to questions from learners. We encourage you to have your learners write their questions down prior to the start of the program.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Reservations & Info | (562) 590-3100, ext. 0