Virtual Field Trips for Grades 3-5
Explore sharks and other interesting animals as we discover different types of ocean ecosystems in the following virtual programs.
Discover all that is sensational about sharks!
Learners will explore these fascinating animals, learning what sets sharks apart from other fish in the ocean. Using live views from aquarium shark webcams and biofact exploration, students will take a deep dive into the world of sharks, investigating their unique adaptations, including body structure, senses, and shark teeth.
- Learners will use observation to describe shark characteristics
- Learners will compare and contrast shark species to understand how they are adapted to different ocean habitats
- Learners will analyze shark jaw models and use evidence to discuss shark feeding strategies
- Price: $150
- Program Time: 50 minutes
- Downloadable Materials:
Learn about some of the most interesting animals in our collection while virtually touring our Tropical Pacific, Northern Pacific, and Southern California & Baja exhibits with live camera views. Programs are tailored to be grade specific and include interactive media, games, and time to ask questions. General themes include an introduction to the different habitats of the Pacific Ocean, animal diversity, and adaptations.
- Learners will compare and contrast living and nonliving elements of tropical and kelp forest habitats
- Learners will ask questions and share observations about animals and their habitats using pictures, biofacts, and webcam footage
- Price: $100
- Program Time: 30 minutes
Reservations & Info | (562) 590-3100, ext. 0