The IT Intern is responsible for information technologies needs of the Aquarium. In addition to the required experience, the successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, and be able to function successfully when given independent assignments, and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Support our customer’s IT issues, helpdesk and installation support
- Audit our current systems and help in the documentation of the enterprise.
- Assist in maintaining, troubleshooting and repair of equipment throughout the facility
- Setup and operation support Aquarium events
- Provide support for all other IT related needs of the Aquarium as needed
Minimum of 3 months, 16 hours a week completed in 2-3 days. Flexible schedules.
- Beginning to intermediate level experience in desktop systems… experience preferred.
- Proficient in Macintosh environments.
- Understand the basics of network systems
- Familiarity of IT cables, connectors, and equipment
- Excellent time management skills required
- Must be successful at multi-tasking
- Exercise strong collaboration in a team environment
- Current study or past experience in Information Technologies.
- New interns participate in a one-day training, Aquarium 101, plus additional departmental on-the-job training.
- Under supervision of the IT trainer.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work extended shifts on occasion.
- Ability to work inside or outside, in varying weather conditions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the casual office environment, close quarters with many disturbances, multiple office locations.
- Recognition for hours of service: complimentary tickets awarded quarterly at a rate of 2 for each active volunteer and an additional 2 tickets for every 50 hours of service; discounts at Pacific Collections and Café Scuba; discounted tickets and memberships, free parking; all other benefits described in Volunteer Handbook.