Experience is a great teacher! Our internship program provides college-level students the opportunity to become part of an aquatic education team and learn by doing. Students will work side by side with Aquarium professionals gaining knowledge through hands-on experience.
Commitment: As an Education intern your minimum commitment would be 9 weeks, 20-40 hours/week. This opportunity is available in the summer only.
EDUCATION INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist with summer day camp programming. This includes, but is not limited to, games, crafts and marine science related activities.
- Interpret about the Aquarium’s animal collection at stations such as shark lagoon or ray pool.
- Complete an intern project
- Assist with education programming
- Experience working with children.
- Basic marine science or marine biology knowledge preferred
- Experience working in camps or other informal settings preferred
- Working towards or recently completed Bachelor degree
- Available during weekends at the beginning of the internship for training purposes
- Previous customer service experience is preferred but not required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Effective communication skills
- General PC knowledge in word, excel and power point
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills