Join us for a special night of photography at the Aquarium of the Pacific.
Professional and amateur photographers are invited to capture the Aquarium’s wildlife during exclusive “photographers only” hours. Meet vendors, test new equipment, attend workshops, and meet other wildlife photo enthusiasts.
Now is your chance to take the photos you have always wanted. Back by popular demand, on this night, the Aquarium will be available to photographers for the sole purpose of getting their dream photos without having to worry about the general public either getting in their shots or being bothered by their equipment.
Take your time, set up your shots, and enjoy. In order to create the best environment for our photographers, we will be limiting ticket sales. We highly encourage you to purchase your tickets ahead of time to guarantee a spot or you may be turned away at the door.
Normally, lights begin to dim as 9:00 p.m. approaches, but on this night, the lights will remain on in most of the exhibits in order to provide the best opportunities for photography.*
Cost: $29.95 per person, $26.95 for Aquarium members. No other discounts or special offers will be accepted for this evening.
Additional programming available closer to the event.
Our partner Tuttle Cameras will have limited items for sale, such as memory cards, rubber lens hoods, and other small items. Canon will be on site with lenses and bodies available for free check-out with a valid driver’s license. Tamron will have Canon, Nikon, and Sony-mount lenses available for checking out. Canon will have printers on hand for printing demonstrations from your memory cards. If you wish to print up to an 8x10, make sure to bring your digital file as a JPG on an SD card or thumb drive. You may also print something you take that night, just make sure to have a JPG version (many digital cameras allow you to shoot in dual mode to allow you the flexibility of having a RAW file as well as compressed JPG file).
The coffee cart will be offering drinks and snacks for purchase throughout the night.
Sunday, Oct 29, 2017 | 5:30 PM–10:00 PM
|Cost||$29.95 per person, $26.95 for Aquarium members. No other discounts or special offers will be accepted for this evening.
Please specify the time of the workshop you will be attending when making your reservation. You will not be allowed to enter prior to your scheduled workshop to shoot in the Aquarium and you will not be able to change your time on the date of the event due to capacity restrictions.
Purchase your tickets here.
|Info||(562) 590-3100, ext. 0|
* Exhibits that will not be lit: Lorikeet Forest, Sea Dragons & Diving Birds because they will be getting their rest. Lorikeet Forest will be completely inaccessible.
Rules and Guidelines
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to abide by the following:
- Tripods are allowed on this night only.
- You are allowed to bring flashes, soft boxes, and strobes. Power outlets are available on a first come first served basis throughout the Aquarium.
- You may bring screens to block off reflections or to control lighting.
- Please be considerate of other photographers. If you are shooting a popular exhibit, please limit your time and share.
- Please refrain from using flash or any lighting on the two sea dragon exhibits (they are marked with “no flash” signs).
- Please refrain from placing anything directly on the acrylic/glass that can scratch or burn. If you need the acrylic cleaned, see a staff member for the proper cloth.
- Please do not direct hot lights at the exhibits for extended periods of time as this can permanently damage the acrylic. All hot lights must be at least five feet from the acrylic.
- Photos taken are to be personal use only, no commercial photography. If you wish to use one the images for commercial purposes at a later date, you must contact the Aquarium for permission. This includes online
- No videography.