Travel with us from the Aquarium of the Pacific to the rainforests of Ecuador
Volunteer and travel with us from the Aquarium of the Pacific to the rainforests of Ecuador. This program is a highly structured program that focuses on conservation ecology of both terrestrial and marine environments. Teach Aquarium visitors about the importance of these ecosystems, and travel to Ecuador and share your knowledge of marine live with jungle dwelling communities of Ecuador.
The Amazon Rainforest and the Pacific Ocean face a number of similar challenges. The Aquarium of the Pacific’s Student Eco Ambassadors (S.E.A.) program is a travel abroad opportunity and a volunteer program that focuses on broad global issues. In partnership with Me to We, this program blends science and leadership curriculum that provides students with the opportunity to build the skills needed to become globally conscious citizens.
- Skills needed to become an advocate for the environment.
- An in-depth understanding of ecology, conservation and environmental issues, and solutions.
- Environmental impacts on land, sea, people, the economy and the environment.
- Workplace and leadership skills.
- Scientific concepts to the Aquarium’s guests.
- Amazonian Communities about the ocean and its inhabitants.
- Make connections by volunteering on a community project.
- Conduct an investigation and record your observations in the rainforest.
- Empower and challenge yourself.
- Inspire the Amazonian community to become stewards of the ocean.
- Come back and inspire others with your story.
- Enrollment Deadline: March 2018
- S.E.A. Program Duration: March 2018 - August 2018
- Program Schedule: 5 hours on each first and third Saturday of the month from 10:00 AM- 3:30 PM
- Age: 15-17 (at the time of the trip)
- Ecuador Travel: Late June-Early July (subject to availability)
- September 10th 2017 from 5-6PM
This is a free evening meeting that will discuss the details of the program as well as provide you and your parents with answers to questions you may have. We will cover the following topics:
- Travel highlights
- Safety Concerns
- Environmental Science curriculum
- Payment Deadlines
- and more…
To request an application, or for questions, please contact Raelene Child, Manager of Youth Volunteers & Internships at: email@example.com, or 562-951-3126.