The Aquarium of the Pacific will celebrate its eleventh annual Southeast Asia Day. The festival’s program will highlight the beauty and diversity of the cultures of Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, and Indonesia. Guests will enjoy live performances, including music, dance, and cultural craft demonstrations. Ethnic dishes will be available for purchase, and children will have the opportunity to partake in arts and crafts.
- 10:00 a.m. Cambodian Music – Ho Chan Ensemble
- 10:40 a.m. Cambodian Dance – Khmer Arts Academy
- 11:45 a.m. Indonesian Dance – Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Los Angeles
- 12:20 p.m. Vietnamese Dance – Lac-Hong Performing Arts Group
- 12:55 p.m. Vietnamese Dance – Lac-Hong Performing Arts Group
- 1:40 p.m. Thai Dance – Thai Community Arts & Cultural Center Dancers
- 2:30 p.m. Laotian Music & Dance – Hmong Association of Long Beach
- 3:10 p.m. Heritage Award Ceremony Honoring Thakhin Bwor with opening Myanmar Cultural Dance by Network of Myanmar American Association
- 4:00 p.m. Myanmar Cultural Dance – Network of Myanmar American Association
*All programs subject to change and weather dependent.
- Cultural Demonstrators & Exhibitors / Great Hall
- Cambodian Shadow Puppets – Master Craftsman Ho Chan
- Cambodian Cultural Costumes – Cambodian Association of America
- Hmong (Laotian) Cultural Display and Children’s Craft – Hmong Association of Long Beach
- Thai Art of Fruit and Vegetable Carving – Master Artist Ajarn Saowapa Albright
- Traditional Thai Painting – Master Artist Ajarn Surachet Jingjit
- Cultural Display of Myanmar (Burma) – Network of Myanmar American Association
- Vietnamese Cultural Display – Vietnamese Traditional Arts Development Organization
- Cambodian Musical Instruments and Craft – United Cambodian Community
Café Scuba Festival Menu:
- Chicken Curry - Sautéed Chicken Breast, Onions, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Red peppers, and Fresh Basil Served over Steamed Rice
- Grilled Yellow Tail with Red Curry Grilled Yellowtail, Market Vegetables
- Thai Chicken Salad - Diced Grilled Chicken, Romaine Hearts, Cashew, Lime, Celery, Bean Sprouts, and Thai Peanut Dressing
Heritage Award Presentation / Honda Blue Cavern at 3:10 p.m. - In recognition of dedicated service to Southeast Asian communities Thakhin Bwor
Saturday, Oct 3, 2015 | 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
|Cost||Included with general admission to guests. Free to Aquarium members; 20% off for their guests.|
|Coupon||MOBILE & PRINT COUPON: $10 off adult|
Members get in free. Simply show your card at the entrance.
Not a member? General admission is required. You can purchase tickets online.
|Info||(562) 590-3100, ext. 0|