Aquarium on Wheels classroom programs can serve up to 50 students per program. All programs include tidepool animal interaction time.
|Availability||Tuesday - Saturday|
|Cost||Cost: $362.50 per program. Minimum of two (2) bookings per day, maximum of three (3) programs per day.|
|Length||45-50 minute program plus touch time for participants.|
|Capacity||50 participants maximum per program.|
|Accessibility||Aquarium on Wheels vehicle is wheelchair accessible.|
Pre and Post Materials
To prepare your students for Aquarium on Wheels, we have compiled pre and post materials to enrich their knowledge of ocean life and challenge what they learned during our visit.
Classroom Program Descriptions
- Amazing Animal Adaptations
K-2 Grade | 15-50 students
- What do blubber, flukes, and sharp shark teeth all have in common? They are all amazing animal adaptations! Join us as we discover the wonderful world of animal adaptations through demonstrations and hands-on experiences with live animals. Your students will explore fascinating marine creatures through this fun and educational class. This educator-led program will be followed by a hands-on opportunity to touch local marine life.
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: K: 1a; 2a-c. 1st: 2a-d. 2nd: 2a, d; 3d.
- Predators on the Prowl
3-5 Grade | 15-50 students
- The ocean is full of amazing predators. From the 110-foot long blue whale to the 3-inch long goby, predators can be found in all shapes and sizes. Big or small, predators are an important part of the marine ecosystem. In this class, your students will delve into the world of ocean predators while discovering facts and dispelling myths. Sharks, whales, seals, and otters are just some of the predators that your students will discover in this exploratory class. This educator-led program will be followed by a hands-on opportunity to touch local marine life.
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: 3rd: 3a, b, c, e. 4th: 2a, b, 3a, b. 5th: 2a, c.
- It All Flows to Me
3rd-8th Grade | 15-50 students
- Take your students on the ultimate watery adventure as we raft into our world and explore the links between watersheds, groundwater, and pollution. Learn how each of us is connected to the path of water and has the ability to stop pollution in its tracks. Inspire your class to change their environment for the better by discovering the important role that groundwater plays in the hydrological cycle and in our own supply of drinking water. This educator-led program will be followed by a hands-on opportunity to touch local marine life. More Info
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: 3rd: 3b, 5d. 4th: 3a, 5a. 5th: 3a, d, e. 6th: 2a, b. 7th: 3c, 4a. 8th: 9a, 3d.
9-12 Grade | 15-40 students
- Water is water, or is it? In this class your students will explore the world of aquarium filtration. By building their own aquarium systems complete with filtration, students will discover the importance of water quality and what it takes to keep water suitable to support life. Protein skimmers, bio-towers, UV sterilizers and other state of the art aquarium filtration components will be explored in this interactive class. This educator-led program will be followed by a hands-on opportunity to touch local marine life.
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: Earth Sciences: 7a. Chemistry: 2b; 5a, d. Investigation and Experimentation: 1L.