Aquarium on Wheels auditorium programs can serve up to 150 students per program in an assembly style format. All programs include tidepool animal interaction time.
|Availability||Tuesday - Saturday|
|Cost||$780 per program for up 150 participants. Up to two (2) programs per day.|
|Length||60 minute program plus touch time for participants.|
|Capacity||150 participants maximum per program.|
|Accessibility||Aquarium on Wheels vehicle is wheelchair accessible.|
Pre and Post Materials
To prepare your students for Aquarium on Wheels, we have compiled pre and post materials to enrich their knowledge of ocean life and challenge what they learned during our visit.
Auditorium Program Descriptions
- Pacific Journeys
Grades K-8 | 20-150 students
- Travel the globe with an Aquarium educator to earn your passport to the Pacific! Aquarium on Wheels invites your students to participate in an interactive presentation to learn about ocean inhabitants and their unique adaptations for survival in a watery world. Each educator-led program will be followed by a hands-on opportunity to touch local marine life.
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: K: 1a;2a-c; 4a-e. 1st: 2a-d. 2nd: 2d; 4a. 3rd: 3a-c, e. 4th: 2a, b; 3a-c. 5th: 2a, c; 3a, d. 6th: 5a-e. 7th: 5a, c. 8th: 8d.
- Under the Sea Shapes
Pre-K-K | 20-150 students
- The ocean is full of incredible animals and vibrant colors! In this interactive educator and video led program, children will match ocean animals to their shapes and learn to find shapes that are hiding in sharks, sea anemones and many more ocean creatures! Discover the animals that live both above and below the water’s surface by participating in this exciting program designed especially for preschool and daycare groups.
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: K: 1a; 2a, c; 4a, b, d, e.
- Catch a Wave
Grades 3-5 | 20-150 students
- Paddle out and Catch a Wave! Join an Aquarium educators and wave expert Sandy C. Shore as they explore the ins and outs of waves. Through this engaging program students will learn about the science of waves and get hands on with local marine animals that are able to survive the crashing surf. They will feel a spiny sea star, touch a slippery sea cucumber or feel the rough textured skin of a shark. Dedicated to develop an appreciation for the wonders of the ocean environment, Aquarium on Wheels will deliver a memorable experience for all!
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: 3rd: 1d, 3a. 4th: 3b, 5a. 5th 3a, 4c.