Aquarium on Wheels classroom programs can serve up to 50 students per program. All programs include tidepool animal exploration after the program.
|Availability||Tuesday - Saturday|
|Cost||$412.50 per program. Minimum of two (2) bookings per day, maximum of three (3) programs per day.|
|Length||30-50 minute program plus touch time for participants.|
|Capacity||50 participants maximum per program.|
|Accessibility||Aquarium on Wheels vehicle is wheelchair accessible.|
Pre and Post Materials
To prepare your students for Aquarium on Wheels, we have compiled pre and post materials to enrich their knowledge of ocean life and challenge what they learned during our visit.
Classroom Program Descriptions
- Amazing Animal Adaptations
K-2 Grade | 15-50 students
- What do blubber, shells, and shark teeth have in common? They are all amazing animal adaptations! Join us as we explore the wonderful world of animal adaptations through observations and hands-on experiences with artifacts and live animals. Your students will explore fascinating marine creatures through this fun and educational class with an Aquarium educator. This program will be followed by a hands-on opportunity to touch local marine life.
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: K: 1a; 2a-c. 1st: 2a-d. 2nd: 2a, d; 3d.
- Predators on the Prowl
3-5 Grade | 15-50 students
- The ocean is full of amazing predators. From the 110-foot long blue whale to microscopic plankton, predators can be found in all shapes and sizes. Big or small, predators are an important part of the marine ecosystem. In this class, your students will dive into the world of ocean predators while discovering facts and dispelling myths. Sharks, whales, seals, and otters are just some of the predators that your students might discover in this exploratory class with an Aquarium educator. This program will be followed by a hands-on opportunity to touch local marine life.
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: 3rd: 3a, b, c, e. 4th: 2a, b, 3a, b. 5th: 2a, c.
- It All Flows to Me
3rd-8th Grade | 15-50 students
- Take your students on the ultimate watery adventure as we explore the links between watersheds, groundwater, and pollution. Learn how we connect to the world’s water and how we can keep it clean and flowing. Inspire your class to change their environment for the better by taking care of one of our most precious resources. This program will be followed by a hands-on opportunity to touch local marine life.
- SCIENCE STANDARDS: 3rd: 3b, 5d. 4th: 3a, 5a. 5th: 3a, d, e. 6th: 2a, b. 7th: 3c, 4a. 8th: 9a, 3d.