You may have read in the local news that we recently had a deceased fin whale wash ashore near the port of LA in San Pedro on Friday, April 10th. With the response from the NOAA West Coast Stranding Network and some initial observations, it looks like the whale died from blunt force trauma and suffered internal injuries. The researchers concluded that this was the result of a ship strike and the whale may have been struck…
Bring the Aquarium to You
Find Video, Audio, Blogs, and More!
Welcome to the newest addition to our website—the multimedia section. Learn about our animals and exhibits, expand your knowledge on important issues facing our ocean, ask questions, or just have fun looking at the amazing photographs.
In this section, you will be able to:
- Watch video interviews with our guest speakers
- Listen to audio files with information, news and updates on our exhibits and animals
- Subscribe to Aquarium of the Pacific Aquacasts on iTunes
- Hear insider information about the Aquarium from our bloggers
- Learn about and see pictures of our animals and more at the Online Learning Center
- Access full lectures by guest speakers
- Share your own photos of your visit and see other’s recent trips in our new photo section.
Be sure to leave us your comments, and check back often for new files, updates, and entries.