Guidelines and fees for photo and film production crews
The following documents outline the guidelines and fees for photo and film production crews who wish to use the Aquarium of the Pacific as a location/or use animals and staff for shooting all or part of feature films, television commercials, television series, music videos, print advertisements, documentaries, etc.
Aquarium of the Pacific Location Checklist
To secure your date:
- Submit a film/photo shoot proposal
- Provide the fully-executed Aquarium Location Policy/Addendum A
- Submit a certificate of insurance. (Must include as detailed in Addendum A of the Aquarium’s Location Agreement:
• $1 million in general liability, workers comp, and auto
• Include the following wording in the description section “A waiver of subrogation is granted in favor of the additional insured”
• The additional insured section must include the following wording “Aquarium of the Pacific and the City of Long Beach, and their Officers, Employees, and Volunteers”
- Provide your billing information. (Company name, address, phone, fax, and contact name and contact phone)
- Provide a copy of your script. (For reality television an episode synopsis or outline / For photography a storyboard or mockup).
Prior to filming:
- Schedule a Technical Scout (one week prior)
- Provide a copy of your City of Long Beach permit. Contact Long Beach Special Events and Filming
Phone: (562) 570-5333
Fax: (562) 570-5335
Additional paperwork may be required depending on the nature of the shoot, i.e. copy of open water SCUBA dive certification and signed dive waiver for SCUBA/snorkeling, signed Animal Encounter Agreement for interacting with the sea lions, sea otters, sharks, or penguins, etc.