See the Aquarium in a whole new light! Join the Twilight Education Volunteer team, and volunteer from 4pm – 8pm (and some variable hours for special events and holidays). You will discover new ocean animals, learn valuable public speaking skills, and explore the different exhibits at the Aquarium of the Pacific!
Twilight Interpreters are the primary source of animal and habitat information for our guests in the evenings. The position is critical to the success of our mission to instill a sense of wonder, respect and stewardship.
- Twilight Volunteers interpret at Touch Labs, and are on microphone at Shark Lagoon, Ray Pool, and Horseshoe Crabs.
- They are stationed primarily at those places where guests may have interaction with our marine animals.
- Provide accurate information about the animals and their ecosystems to guests, while assuring the safety of both the animal and the guest during the interaction.
- Engage guests in informative conversations throughout the Aquarium.
- Take ownership of issues and resolve them to achieve guest satisfaction and animal protection, in accordance with the Aquarium’s service excellence program.
- Time Commitment: Shifts are typically 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- A passion for the oceans and their inhabitants
- An outgoing personality and eagerness to share accurate information
- Ability to speak in front of small and large groups of people of all ages and backgrounds
- Willingness to be a team player and to take direction and input from both volunteer and paid supervisors.
- Must be willing to speak on microphone.
- Must be able to commit to at least 6 months.
- Twilight Interpreters are usually on their feet for extended periods; there is seating at some stations.
- Most of the exhibit areas critical to this position are outside. Reasonable accommodations may be made on an individual basis.
- We are looking for outgoing, smiling, talkative, ocean lovers! You don’t have to know everything about the ocean to be successful here! We can teach you the information, but you have to have that engaging personality to connect with the Aquarium’s guests.