To assist in the maintenance of all plants within and surrounding the aquarium that are not in exhibits.
- General clean-up of planters, watering, weeding
- 1 year, one shift a week
- Ability to commit to a 6:00-10:00 a.m. or 7:00-11:00 a.m. shift, the same day each week for at least a year with the exception of Saturday trainings
- General knowledge of gardening
- Safety awareness of the use of general gardening tools
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Ability to crouch for a long period of time
- Horticulture volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Training will take place on Saturday mornings with our lead horticulturist, once trained, volunteer will be able to work independently.
- Direct and in-direct as skill levels raise
- All work is done outdoors with possible heavy lifting, maneuvering around plants (some with thorns), while completing necessary tasks, use of organic fertilizers, digging, mulching and planting plants of various sizes. Weeding and watering make up about 90% of the work. This is a physically demanding position. Most of the work that is done needs to be finished before the aquarium opens.
Thank you for your interest but this position is not taking applications currently.