This internship will present students with the opportunity to work on sustainability plans, participating in a variety of activities that support both the organization and their own individual development in the sustainability profession.
- Register our greenhouse gas emissions in The Climate Registry System
- Evaluating greenhouse gas emissions and advising on programs to reduce them.
- Using tools such as Terrapass’ Business Carbon Balance program, assess the footprint of the Aquarium
- Creating promotional materials for the Aquarium’s work in green operations for our staff, our partners, and the public
Additional “greening” project opportunities include:
- Creating content for the Aquarium of the Pacific’s greening outreach strategy, including a web-based communications approach
Applicant must be at least a junior undergraduate in good academic standing or a graduate student interested in sustainability, including such areas as green buildings, environmental policy, energy conservation, and public outreach. Excellent writing and good communications skills, good design and research ability, ability to work independently, willingness to take initiative on specific projects, and attention to detail.
Applicant must commit to a minimum of 4 hours per week for a 4 month period. Hours to be determined with intern and Aquarium.
Our offices are at 320 Golden Shore, Long Beach, CA 90802. Substantial on-site work is required.
Applications are currently closed.