The Aquarium’s cultural festivals are a key part of our vision to celebrate our diverse communities and connect them to the ocean.
- Staffing the event check-in table and checking in various participants, including performers, exhibitors, VIPs, honorees, etc.
- Coordinating participant needs and logistics, including giving music to AV; directing and escorting participants to dressing areas, waiting areas, performance areas, table display/activity areas, eating areas, and restrooms; and ensuring participants are at their designed performance location 10 minutes early.
- Assisting with setup and logistics of festival performances, classes, and other activities, which can include facilitating lines, answering basic event questions, and encouraging guests to attend.
- Distributing drinking water and snacks to dressing areas and table displays.
- Overseeing children’s crafts or mural painting at certain events, including maintaining supplies, ensuring the area is kept neat and organized, and instructing children on how to do the crafts.
- Watching participant booths when they are on break or performing.
- Event set up and breakdown, including tables, chairs, table cloths, signs, craft area, event décor, and pop-up tents.
- Volunteers will be given a brief orientation when they arrive and will be given instruction on the assigned tasks. In some cases, they may have the opportunity to shadow an existing volunteer before they officially start their shift.
Volunteers will be under the supervision of the event lead the day of their shift and/or experienced event coordinator volunteers.
CURRENTLY, ONLY WEEKEND SHIFTS ARE AVAILABLE
Minimum commitment of one five-hour shift. Those who advance to multiple events or a longer-term commitment will be eligible for additional opportunities and/or milestone recognitions.
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs
- Willingness to be a team player and to take direction and input from both volunteer and paid supervisors.
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to a variety of individuals.
- At least 16 years old.
Festival volunteers can be on their feet, sitting, or walking for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made on an individual basis.
Applications are currently closed. Thank you for your interest.