- Review and proof read solicitations and invitations.
- Create and maintain accurate tracking system for Aquarium exhibit sponsorships and other donor recognition opportunities.
- Assist with assembly and dissemination of development materials, packets, or special mailings.
- Provide assistance at development events.
- Assist development staff members with special projects as needed.
- Development volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of one year. Shift days, time, and length are variable and can be arranged with a supervisor. Currently seeking Tuesday volunteers with the exception of special events and/or off-site opportunities and functions.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to maintain strict confidentially regarding donor information. Will be asked to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Able to work independently and to complete projects with a commitment to excellence
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Prior experience within the aquarium organization is a plus
- Must complete our general orientation session, Aquarium 101. Must attend continuing education sessions when applicable.
- Development volunteers are supervised by the Pacific Circle Coordinator.
Development Volunteers will assist with a variety of administrative functions within the department. This will include work in both the Aquarium’s administrative offices—located at 320 Golden Shore—and the Aquarium’s main campus. Though most time will be spent within an office setting, some projects will also require walking or standing for extended periods of time and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
Application closed at this time.