- Maintain directory for Trustees of the Pacific.
- Create and maintain accurate tracking system for Aquarium exhibit sponsorships and other donor recognition opportunities.
- Assist with assembly and dissemination of development materials, packets, or special mailings.
- Provide assistance at development events.
- Assist development staff members with special projects as needed.
- Development interns are asked to commit to a minimum of two months. Shift days, time, and length are variable and can be arranged with a supervisor.
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to maintain strict confidentially regarding member information
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Able to work independently and to complete projects with a commitment to excellence.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Any necessary training or instruction will be provided development staff.
- Development Interns are supervised by the Major Gifts Coordinator.
Development Interns will assist with a variety of administrative functions within the department. This will include work in both the Aquarium’s administrative offices—located at 320 Golden Shore—and the Aquarium’s main campus. Though most time will be spent within an office setting, some projects will also require walking or standing for extended periods of time and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
Recognition for hours of service: complimentary tickets awarded quarterly at a rate of 2 for each active intern and an additional 2 tickets for every 50 hours of service; discounts at Pacific Collections and Café Scuba; discounted tickets and memberships, free parking; all other benefits described in Volunteer Handbook.