In addition to the required experience, the successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, and be able to function successfully when given independent assignments, and collaboratively in a team environment.
Commitment: 3 months 18 hours
- Videography and photography of Aquarium events and presentations
- Editing and assemble footage from our stock library for exhibit, media, web, and education programs
- Assist in maintaining, troubleshooting and repair of equipment throughout the facility
- Setup and operation of live audio equipment for Aquarium events
- Provide support for all other audio and video related needs of the Aquarium as needed
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Beginning to intermediate level experience in non-linear video editing. Final Cut Pro experience preferred.
- Proficient in Macintosh environments
- Familiarity of A/V cables, connectors, and equipment
- Operational experience of PA systems, microphones, still & video cameras, video projectors, and video playback devices
- Excellent time management skills required
- Must be successful at multi-tasking
- Exercise strong collaboration in a team environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Current study in film/video production or related media field
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to work extended shifts on occasion
- Ability to work inside or outside, in varying weather conditions