Tips for a Successful Gala Viewing Experience
If you're hosting a viewing party or need assistance streaming the Gala, please review these helpful tips.
For the best viewing experience, please view the Virtual Blue Whale Gala on laptop or desktop computer, or iPad generation 5 or newer - not a tablet, phone, or other mobile device.
Please use Google Chrome (Version 84+), Mozilla Firefox (Version 78+), or Safari (Version 13 or more recent).
If you are using a VPN connection, please disconnect for the duration of the event.
Turn the volume up on both your computer and the video player within the Gala website. The volume on the video player is in the bottom right hand corner of the video player
If you are having any technical issues first try refreshing your browser. This will fix most issues.
If you are still having trouble please click “Technical Support” which can be found on every page. You will be connected to a live support agent.
Stream on your Smart TV
The best option is to HDMI the TV to a laptop OR to Screen Mirror.
How to stream via HDMI hookup to your computer
- Plug the HDMI cable into the side of the laptop or back of your desktop monitor.
How to stream via HDMI hookup to your TV
- Plug the HDMI cable into the back or side of your TV screen. Not all TVs are the same.
- With your remote, change your HDMI Input.
Via Screen Mirror
- Connect your Mac to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- On your Mac, click in the menu bar at the top of your screen. If you don’t see , go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays, then select “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.”
- Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen, enter the passcode on your Mac.
Change settings or stop mirroring
- To change the size of your desktop mirrored on your TV, click in the menu bar. Then select Mirror Built-in Display to match the size of your desktop or Mirror Apple TV to match the size of your TV.
- AirPlay also lets you use your TV as a separate display for your Mac. Just click in the menu bar, then select Use As Separate Display.
- To stop mirroring or using your TV as a separate display, click in the menu bar, then choose Turn AirPlay Off. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
The Aquarium of the Pacific relies on the contributions of individuals, foundations, corporations, and government partners to support vital animal care, conservation, and education programs. Thank you for your support.
Fundraise for the Aquarium!
Did you know that starting a fundraiser is an easy way to support the Aquarium?
Adopt an Animal Today!
Receive special benefits including an adoption certificate, event invitations, and animal updates.