Swing Shift Security Supervisor
Full Time, Eligible For Benefits
Swing Shift Supervisor at Aquarium of the Pacific will be responsible for the Supervision of the Swing Shift in the Security department. A high caliber of management and leadership skills are required, with previous experience in supervising others a plus. In addition, the Swing Shift Supervisor is expected to display a high level of professionalism and a sense of pride within a department indicative of an industry leader, visibly recognized by aquarium staff, volunteers, contractors and guests alike.
- Supervise and oversee all Officer functions during Swing Shifts
- Lead by example, ensuring all Officers adhere to appropriate protocol and guidelines while performing their duties. This is especially important in the area of taking a service-oriented approach to interacting with guests as well as AOP staff and when necessary, diffusing conflict.
- Ensure all assigned duties are carried out in a professional and timely manner
- Participate in the ongoing maintenance of the department’s Guard Card program. This includes keeping records of applications, certification status, and expiration deadlines.
- Participate in training opportunities – internal and external – for all officers. This will include an active role in the deployment and practice of action drills (earthquake, fire, active shooter, civil unrest, tsunami etc.)
- Complete all administrative tasks as assigned. These are to include detailed attention to incident reports, employee/guest injuries, inventory records, activity reports, time sheets etc.
- Participate in drafting and delivering annual Officer evaluations. In addition, quarterly “One on Ones” will be conducted with each Officer assigned to your Shift.
- Participate in weekly staff scheduling (using the When to Work system), ensuring coverage in all relevant and applicable areas
- Understand this position is considered to be a “working supervisor”. It includes working standard shifts, patrols, responding to calls for assistance, etc.
- Full and appropriate communication with the Management team needs to be paramount in the effective function of the Shift Supervisor’s role. In addition, communication with his/her team will enhance the efficacy and appropriate outcomes for all assignments within the Security Department
Knowledge & Skills
- Have a working knowledge of resources available including computer, telephone, radio, property surveillance cameras and alarm systems as trained
- Ability to manage Officers in a leadership role, effectively supporting and mentoring toward the highest level of performance
- Have the ability to recognize strengths and weaknesses within your team and individuals, designing a solution to improving both.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must speak fluent English. Other spoken languages a plus
- Previous security officer, OIC experience or current Guard Card status a plus
- Previous customer service experience also a plus
- California driver’s license in good standing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to run / chase
- Ability to balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-50lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to various temperature, humidity or wetness
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to confined spaces
- Potential exposure to volatile individuals
- Exposure to bio-hazards
Interested and Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by HireSelect:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the PCI aptitude assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two to three weeks. If you do not hear from us within that time, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.