The Aquarium of the Pacific Guest Services Department is looking for people!
Are you outgoing, enthusiastic, service-oriented, patient, friendly, and comfortable in crowds? Would working for an organization that works to instill a sense of wonder, respect and stewardship for the Pacific Ocean, its inhabitants and ecosystems be something you could get behind? Why not apply for one of our seasonal Guest Service Associate jobs?
Our Guest Services Associates at the Aquarium of the Pacific are the first to greet our guests (sometimes up to 10,000 in a single day), and the last to say good-bye as our guests depart. Each Guest Services Associate plays a key role in helping the Aquarium provide meaningful experiences that will help our guests think about the way they interact with the natural world around them.
We are looking for qualified individuals who thrive on delivering proactive, outstanding customer service to people who will be visiting the Aquarium as we slowly open back up to the public.
The Guest Services Associate’s Responsibilities Include:
- Delivering high quality, guest friendly service
- Providing guests with their undivided attention and care
- Serving guests in a speedy and efficient manner
- Meeting and greeting the public
- Working in the ticket office, at front doors, will call, and at the Information Desk
- Sell memberships
- Greet school buses and coordinate school arrivals
- Manages lines appropriately
- Answering general questions from guests
- Meeting and greeting at some of the exhibits
- Providing accurate information about all Aquarium programs and offerings
- Assisting with night events
- Interacting with guests as a costume character
- Exercising active listening skills and positive body language through smiling, sustaining eye contact, keeping good posture, and speaking clearly
- Facilitating the flow of guest entering and exiting multiple theaters
- Moving stanchions, lunch bins and furniture
- Operation of digital devices, such as, tablets and computers
The qualifications described here are representative of those that an individual must possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Available during weekends and holidays
- Available to work a flexible schedule during hours of operation (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. everyday; late nights until 10:00 p.m.)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous customer service experience is preferred but not required
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective communication skills
- PC knowledge
- Basic data entry skills
- Basic math skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel,twist
- Ability to walk up and down stairs repeatedly
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-50lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
- Ability to work in dark spaces
- Ability to work around multiple LED screens/monitors
- Ability to operate a hand held radio with an ear piece
- Ability to wear a confined costume headpiece with limited visibility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to various in temperature, humidity or wetness
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to confined spaces
Interested & Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, please click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required for all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by HireSelect:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the online assessment(s).
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.