The Environmental Services Lead is responsible for leading a team/shift of Environmental Services team members in the performance of their duties – creating and maintaining a clean environment for all guests, staff and vendors of the Aquarium of the Pacific.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas: restrooms, floors (carpet/hard surface), windows, office spaces, etc.
- Lead the shift as assigned: answer radio calls, assign and delegate tasks to team members to ensure all required tasks required are completed and to high standards
- Provide input on ordering so as to maintain sufficient inventory of supplies.
- Operate and ensure proper maintenance of equipment: floor cleaning machine, vacuum cleaners, pressure washer, carpet cleaners, buffer, window cleaner, washer/dryer, etc.
- Manage chemical usage with “green” products wherever feasible
- Oversees the performance of Environmental Services staff during an assigned shift
- Fully participate as a working member of the team
- Provide feedback to management on performance of the team
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to effectively multi-task: track work patterns, keep break and lunch schedules on track, complete personal workload
- Create an environment of respect and pride in work among the team
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, both internal and external.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of 3 years housekeeping experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet and PCs.
- California driver’s license in good standing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, often while carrying housekeeping equipment
- Ability to sit, balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-50lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Ability to work at a variety of heights, climb stairs through out a shift
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to various temperature, humidity or wetness
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to confined spaces
- Ability to work around and use cleaning chemicals with proper PPE
- Use of special auditory, visual, and personal protective equipment
- Exposure to working with bio-hazards
Interested and Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by HireSelect:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the PCI aptitude assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two to three weeks. If you do not hear from us within that time, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.