Audio Visual Associate
Full Time, Eligible for Benefits
The A/V Associate will assist in fulfilling all audio and visual needs of the Aquarium - including installation, daily operation, maintenance and troubleshooting as needed for all media systems. Responsible for AV support of special events, live exhibit shows, streaming events, and theaters. In addition to the required experience, the successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, and be able to function successfully when given independent assignments, and collaboratively in a team environment
- Troubleshoot and repair all AV systems (including video displays, computer interactives, live streams, theater presentations, microphone PA systems, digital signage and more)
- Provide setup & support for public and private presentations and events (in the theaters, main hall, conference rooms, classrooms, etc.)
- Respond promptly to calls for technical support as needed
- Assist with installation of equipment and maintain existing equipment (lamps, cleaning, calibrating, etc)
- Assist in video production (lectures, interviews, animal events, cultural festivals, offsite events, etc)
- Provide support for all other audio and video related needs of the Aquarium as needed
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong computer skills (Mac & PC), troubleshooting skills and basic understanding of computer networking,
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Strong understanding of signal flow
- Strong understanding of audio/video/computer cables and connectors
- Operation of PA systems, microphones, still & video cameras, video projectors, and video playback devices
- Excellent time management skills required
- Must be successful at multi-tasking
- Possess professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Degree in media production or two or more years of practical experience in media production, AV systems, live streaming, digital signage, live audio, projection systems, cameras, etc.
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Video editing knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of theatrical lighting a plus
- Available to work during weekends and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-75lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to various in temperature, humidity or wetness
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Elevated platforms
- Exposure to confined spaces
- Use of special auditory, visual, and personal protective equipment
- Use of hand tools, machinery and company vehicles
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Hire Select:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the PCI aptitude assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two to three weeks. If you do not hear from us within that time, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific! The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.