School Overnight Program Information
|Availability||Mondays and Wednesdays (call for specific availability)|
|Cost||$70 per person. One free chaperone per 10 students.|
|Group Size||20 person minimum/ 59 person maximum.
Groups of 60 or more require a different booking procedure.
|Included||Dinner, light snack, cereal breakfast, and a souvenir t-shirt.|
|Times||5:00pm - 7:00 a.m. the next morning|
|Ages||3rd - 12th Grade|
Choose from our three different focuses for your overnight experience.
- Crazy Creatures from Dusk till Dawn
- Discover some extraordinary inhabitants of the deep, dark, depths of the ocean and study their highly developed senses, amazing adaptations, and fascinating ways of creating light. Students will experience bioluminescence and biofluorescence; discuss the advantages of living and hunting in the absence of light; and examine biofacts.
- Predators, Prey, and Pajamas!
- Sink your teeth into our nocturnal adventure as we explore the ocean to study predators and their remarkable adaptations and methods for hunting. Students will dissect squid OR meet five predators in a game of Ocean Liars Club and discover the many ways animals hunt, eat, and find their food.
- Sensational Sea Life
- Explore our thriving southern California waters as we take a close look at plankton, our tiniest residents, to the largest animals on the planet, the blue whale. Students will learn about our unique marine food web while completing a squid dissection, examining plankton from Rainbow Harbor, and touching live animals.
(tentative and subject to change)
5:00 p.m. Check-in/Aquarium Exploration 5:45 p.m. Welcome 6:00 p.m. Dinner 6:30 p.m. Dive Presentation 6:50 p.m. Behind-the-scenes tour/Exhibit Observation 7:35 p.m. Education Classroom Experiments 8:15 p.m. Gallery/Touch Pool Exploration 9:00 p.m. Theatre or Ocean Science Center Presentation/Snack Time 9:30 p.m. Bedtime rules! 10:00 p.m. Lights Out
6:00 a.m. Wake up! 6:30 a.m. Breakfast served/ T-Shirts 6:45 a.m. Seals & Sea Lions Exploration 7:00 a.m. Wrap-up and Goodbyes