Your Aquarium Field Trip
Thank you for your interest in bringing a field trip to the Aquarium. We look forward to introducing you and your students to over 12,000 animals that call the Pacific Ocean their home.
School Field Trips bookings are Temporarily on Hiatus
Students can touch live animals including sting rays, sharks, and sea jellies and see penguins, sharks, sea otters and more. We also offer standards based programs for pre-k to 12th graders at a reduced rate for students and chaperones. See rates below and book your visit today!
Field Trip Details
School Group Admission
(10 person minimum)
Fall and Summer Seasons
(Fall season available to book May 1)
(February 1 – May 31)
Classroom and Theater Programs
(Includes Aquarium Admission, 20 person minimum)
|Fall and Summer Seasons||$10.00/participant|
(February 1 – May 31)
- All school programs are led by an Aquarium educator and take place in the Splash and Tidal Zone classrooms, the Watershed classroom, the Ocean Science Center or the Ocean Theater.
- The above pricing applies to schools accredited by the California Department of Education for visits by student-teacher groups in conjunction with school curriculum. After-school programs, extra-curricular school clubs, day-care affiliated programs, and other non-accredited organizations are not eligible for these rates. See the group rates page for non-school pricing. An additional charge applies to AP Bio classes/College lab (2 hrs).
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to visit date will not be subject to cancellation fees. Cancellations between 15 and 30 days prior to visit date will be charged 50% of the estimated total. Cancellations made within 14 days of visit date will be charged 100% of the total to the credit card or purchase order number given at the time of booking. No-shows will be charged 100% of the total.
Field Trips to the Aquarium
Reservations & Info • (562) 590-3100, ext. 0
- Provide opportunities to touch animals including sharks, sea stars, anemones, and more
- Engage and excite students
- Inspire awe in the Pacific Ocean and the animals that live there
- Connect to classroom curriculum
- Require advanced reservation