Travel with us from the Aquarium of the Pacific to the rainforests of Ecuador
Volunteer and travel with us from the Aquarium of the Pacific to the rainforests of Ecuador. This program is a highly structured program that focuses on conservation ecology of both terrestrial and marine environments. Teach Aquarium visitors about the importance of these ecosystems, and travel to Ecuador and share your knowledge of marine live with jungle dwelling communities of Ecuador.
The Amazon Rainforest and the Pacific Ocean face a number of similar challenges. The Aquarium of the Pacific’s Student Eco Ambassadors (S.E.A.) program is a travel abroad opportunity and a volunteer program that focuses on broad global issues. In partnership with Me to We, this program blends science and leadership curriculum that provides students with the opportunity to build the skills needed to become globally conscious citizens.
- Skills needed to become an advocate for the environment.
- An in-depth understanding of ecology, conservation and environmental issues, and solutions.
- Environmental impacts on land, sea, people, the economy and the environment.
- Workplace and leadership skills.
- Scientific concepts to the Aquarium’s guests.
- Amazonian Communities about the ocean and its inhabitants.
- Make connections by volunteering on a community project.
- Conduct an investigation and record your observations in the rainforest.
- Empower and challenge yourself.
- Inspire the Amazonian community to become stewards of the ocean.
- Come back and inspire others with your story.
- Enrollment Deadline: January 31st, 2016
- S.E.A. Program Duration: March 2016 - August 2016
- Program Schedule: 5 hours per week (1st and 3rd Saturday of the month from 10:00 AM- 3:30 PM)
- Age: Must be enrolled in high school during the 2015-2016 school year
- Ecuador Travel: June 21st - July 4th 2016
- Cost: $5,500
- For more information please call (562) 951-3100
Informational Meeting: Sunday, September 27th from 6 – 7 PM
Attend our next informational meeting to learn more about this unique volunteer program; this meeting will highlight the following:
- Travel highlights
- Safety Concerns
- Environmental Science curriculum
- Payment Deadlines
- and more..
The next informational meeting will be held on the evening of Sunday, September 27th from 6 – 7 PM. This is a free meeting that will discuss the details of the program as well as provide you and your parents with answers to questions about the program.