We are seeking an undergraduate or graduate student interested in gaining experience in marketing and communications.
The membership team’s goal is to engage and inspire a large group of members to love the Aquarium of the Pacific as much as we do.
The ideal candidate will be creative and organized with strong writing skills and a keen eye for detail.
The Membership Marketing Intern will learn the basics of running a robust membership program including digital and print advertising campaigns, email communications, social media engagement, onsite membership sales, and member event promotion.
- Edit copy of all membership campaigns, communications, and collateral.
- Assist in creating advertising campaigns to secure membership purchases.
- Assist in writing advertising appeals to secure membership purchases.
- Assist in writing digital communications (emails and social media posts) that engage members and inspire them to visit.
- Learn how to manage and monitor an online community of members in the Aquarium Member Insiders Facebook group.
- Learn how to work with a designer to create compelling advertisements and effective membership collateral.
- Learn how to input data and analyze results to make informed decisions about upcoming campaigns and communications.
- Assist with administrative duties, member events, and other special projects as needed.
- Minimum time commitment of 16 hours per week over a 15 week period.
- Must complete our general orientation session, Aquarium 101.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a higher education facility.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with customer service and/or sales a bonus.
- Must be creative, organized, and possess strong writing skills.
- Must be able to stay organized, maintain project deadlines, and self-manage.
- Desire to fulfill our institutional mission of instilling a sense of wonder respect and stewardship for the Pacific Ocean, its inhabitants and ecosystems.
Must complete our general orientation session, Aquarium 101. Must attend continuing education sessions when applicable.
Membership Marketing Intern will be supervised by Senior Manager of Membership
Interns will assist with a variety of administrative functions within the department. This will include work in both the Aquarium’s main campus and the Aquarium’s administrative offices—located at 320 Golden Shore. Though most time will be spent within an office setting, some projects will also require walking or standing for extended periods of time and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
Recognition for hours of service: complimentary tickets awarded quarterly at a rate of 2 for each active intern and an additional 2 tickets for every 50 hours of service; discounts at Pacific Collections and Café Scuba; discounted tickets and memberships, free parking; all other benefits described in Volunteer Handbook.