Volunteers age 16 and older are found in nearly every corner of the Aquarium! They exhibit all forms of abilities, backgrounds, skills, genders, ethnicities, and ages; but all are committed to accomplishing the mission of the Aquarium.
Our volunteers work in Husbandry as aquarists, mammalogists, aviculturists, horticulturists, and more. They serve in Guest Services with our many events and daily operations. Volunteers are engaging and teaching our guests about the Pacific Ocean in the Education department. There are volunteer positions in Special Events, Life Support, Development, Marketing, Diving, Facilities, Media Relations–the list goes on and on.
Each department has different requirements and different needs throughout the year. Thus we are not interviewing for every department year-round.
To see a brief description of the departments that are currently in need of volunteers and the requirements for volunteering within them, please click the link below. Then return to this page to fill out an application for the position you are most interested in! Be sure to prepare your cover letter and resume to include in the application!
Applications are currently being accepted for the volunteer positions listed below. Click on the links to complete your online application.
- Aquarist Volunteer Application
- Citizen Scientist Volunteer: Sea Turtle Monitoring Application
- Citizen Scientist Volunteer: Whale ID
- Dive Volunteer application
- Education Volunteer application
- Exploration Station Volunteer application
- Horticulture Volunteer Application
- Lorikeets Volunteer Application
- Marine Mammal Volunteer Application
- Program Animals Volunteer Application
- Special Events Volunteer
- Water Quality Laboratory Volunteer Application
If you are interested in other volunteer opportunities at the Aquarium, please check back again in the future. Available positions will be posted on this page.
Thank you so much for your interest in our volunteer program!