Home > Teachers > Teachers Blog >Free Admission for Teachers in March

Free Admission for Teachers in March

Alie's avatar

New Opportunity

Thursday, March 04, 2010 16 Comments

Alie LeBeau

Bring your school ID to the ticket window to receive free admission to the Aquarium during March. Enjoy the galleries, touch a shark, visit the gift shop for a discount and watch one of our many shows. Many teachers have told us they enjoy visiting the Aquarium without their students, and they feel more prepared for a field trip if they’ve been through the galleries on their own. Please visit us during our free teacher month. Bring your co-workers and make a day of it. We can also offer $3 off adult admission and $1.50 off child admission for up to 4 additional tickets. Hope to see you soon! For more info, click here.

<< Back

Your Comments

default avatar

Lai Yung Yung-Griffin

Monday, March 15, 2010 09:22 AM

Can high school tutors go to this free event?  Please let me know.  Thanks!

default avatar

Jacquie Walburn

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 09:06 AM

How about a virtual field trip!

I’d buy it!

JWalburn
VPHS

default avatar

Margie Garcia

Friday, March 19, 2010 02:45 PM

Does the free admission apply to Counselors and Administrators too or only teachers?

Alie's avatar

Alie

Friday, March 19, 2010 04:05 PM

Hi Jacquie -

A virtual field trip is definitely something we’ve been hoping to do in the future.
We have lots of plans for continuing to improve our website and resources for teachers.

Please keep checking in on our teacher resource page to see what we have to offer.

Alie's avatar

Alie

Friday, March 19, 2010 05:13 PM

We understand it is difficult to define who is a teacher and who is not. There are so many people who work with students within a school community and play a role in their education.

Our offer for free admission in the month of March is aimed at teachers with an ID from their distrtict or school.

Thanks for understanding, and helping us give teachers a big thank you for all they do!

default avatar

M

Saturday, March 20, 2010 07:52 PM

Teachers do not necessarily have school ID.  My school, for one, has never had one.  What else would work for all of us without a school ID?  We have paycheck stubs, but so do all other District employees.  Some teachers may have Union cards, class pictures, or websites with our names.

default avatar

kim lindsey

Saturday, March 20, 2010 08:09 PM

Ii don’t know if I have my ID handy and I’m on Spring break. Can I use my CTA card; the name matches my driver’s license.

default avatar

Ms. Hoops

Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:49 AM

Can you bring family members without bringing your students and attend the overnight aquarium events?  I have 2 little girls that I would love to have attend this with me.

default avatar

DE

Monday, March 22, 2010 09:12 AM

I am a long term sub in Science.  Several of my co-workers and I were thinking of visiting during our Spring Break this week.  I do have a Certificated Substitute badge from my district.  Will I be able to get in for free along with my other department members?  Thanks!

default avatar

Kimo Morris

Monday, March 22, 2010 10:44 PM

Will a paystub suffice for districts that do not have ID cards for their teachers?

Alie's avatar

Alie

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 01:08 PM

Hi Everyone -

We know that not all schools issue an ID to teachers. No problem! Anything that identifies you as a teacher is sufficient. Paystubs and union cards were just some suggestions we’ve heard.

See you all soon!

default avatar

Shannon

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 03:51 PM

Do you qualify a certificated sub as a “teacher”?

default avatar

Wade Southwick

Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:13 AM

Will this be an annual offer?  Our Spring Break was last week and it is March 27 today.  I would like to plan for next year.

Alie's avatar

Alie

Monday, March 29, 2010 02:47 PM

Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that due to the success of our March offer, the Free Admission for Teachers in March will become an annual promotion. There are still a couple more days left in the month, so come down and see us. Or, mark your calendar and we’ll see you in March 2011. All you need is an ID or a paystub!

default avatar

vic

Monday, March 07, 2011 05:16 PM

Allie by annual promotion do you mean that you guys are extending the free admission for teachers for the whole year of 2011?

Alie's avatar

Alie

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 04:23 PM

Sorry for the confusion Vic. By annual promotion, I mean that we will offer the free admission to teachers EVERY March. Since we are now in the beginning of March, we hope to see lots of teachers throughout the month.

Have Something to Say? Leave a Comment!

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

All blogs and comments represent the views of the individual authors and not necessarily those of the Aquarium.

<< Back