Recipe by Chef Ken Stewart at Premier
Makes 4 Servings
2 pounds Kampachi fish, cut into 4 (8 ounce) portions
2 cups macadamia nuts, roughly chopped in a food processor and toasted
2 cups toasted panko bread crumbs
1 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. paprika
Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lay the 4 pieces of Kampachi on a clean work surface. Season each piece with the salt, pepper, and cayenne. In a bowl beat eggs and season with salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder & 1 teaspoon paprika.
- In a bowl season flour with remaining cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl mix together the toasted macadamia nuts and toasted panko bread crumbs
- Dredge 1 piece of Kampachi fish in the seasoned flour. Then submerge fish in seasoned beaten eggs until fully coated. Lay fish into toasted macadamia nut and panko mixture, lightly dredge fish in mixture using hands to toss and fold mixture over fish until completely coated. Place crusted fish onto baking sheet with parchment paper. Repeat with all fish and disregard remaining mixtures.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the fish for about 12-17 minutes or until fish is at 135-140 degrees.
Serve with your favorite sauce (Chef Ken’s tropical rum sauce recommended with pineapple salsa) or serve over salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette.