February 5, 2013
The Aquarium of the Pacific and the Arts Council for Long Beach seek Greater Long Beach artists to submit their original artwork to be displayed and sold at the Aquarium’s newly remodeled gift store. Artists will be selected based on the quality of work. An ocean, aquatic or conservation theme of work is desirable.
Deadline for submission: April 1, 2013
All artwork submitted must represent the ocean or the animals living in it. Nautical ships, boats, and other artificial structures represented will not be accepted. Likewise, real shells in the artwork will not be accepted because that is tampering with an animal’s habitat. Shell representation is acceptable.
Works will be considered for the following categories:
- Screen Prints (8 x 10 mat or frame size or smaller)
- Small Paintings (8 x 10 mat or frame size or smaller)
- Small Sculptures/Ceramics
- Greeting Cards
Details for Showcasing in the Gift Store
- The Aquarium will be selling on consignment with the artist receiving 70% of the net sales of their work
- Artists are responsible for pricing their own work
- Artists own their work and the Aquarium will be the caretakers and retailers
- If artwork is in consistent demand, the artist may be asked to produce more work
- If artwork does not sell for two months, the artist may be asked to pick up their work and remove it from the store
Aquarium of the Pacific Gift Store
100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
Method of Submission
The deadline for submission is April 1, 2013.
Entries must be submitted online at: https://artscouncilforlongbeach.submittable.com/submit/19100
Contact Molly Gardner, grants and special projects manager, Arts Council for Long Beach