August 6, 2010
The Aquarium of the Pacific now in the palm of your hand!
The Aquarium of the Pacific announced the release of their new Aquarium of the Pacific Visitor Guide app for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app gives visitors a daily schedule of shows and tours, map and visitor guide, species identification browser, and a puzzle. It also includes handy links to get directions on the device, visit the Aquarium website, and call or email directly.
The app is available for free in the App Store and enables users to enhance their experience at the Aquarium by allowing them to have all the information they need in the palm of their hand. In addition to schedules and maps, the app offers guests the ability to learn about their favorite plants and animals at the Aquarium in an electronic trading card format. Future updates will include additional species.
Features of the Aquarium of the Pacific Visitor Guide application include:
- Schedule - A list of shows and tours available for any specific date
- Map and Visitor Guide- An electronic version of the Aquarium’s map as well as a visitor’s guide with information about the facility, galleries, animals, and more.
- Species I.D. - With a trading card look, guests will learn all about the plants and animals that call the Aquarium home. It also includes information regarding often-asked questions about animals. Visitors can navigate by species type, exhibit, or visually with photos.
- Aquarium Puzzler - A fun game that uses the photos from Species I.D. to create custom puzzles.
- Also includes quick links to call, email, directions, and our website.
The Aquarium of the Pacific Visitor Guide application was designed and developed in-house and is compatible with operating system 3.1.3 and on.