Got a question about membership at the Aquarium of the Pacific? It’s very likely we have an answer here on this page!
For any questions not addressed here, please call the Membership Office at (562) 437-3474 (FISH).
BECOMING A MEMBER AND RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- Why should I join or renew as a member of the Aquarium?
- Members receive unlimited general admission, which means every day is free, and you can visit as often as you like! You will also receive exclusive discounts and offers, invitations to members-only events, 50 percent off parking with pre-paid parking vouchers, and so much more. Take a look at our member levels and benefits to find out which membership level is best for you.
- When does my membership start?
- Your membership becomes active on the date of purchase and is valid for one year from this purchase date.
- How many children can I put on my Family or Plus membership?
- You may register as many children as you have living in your household. Once you do, we hope you’ll visit the Aquarium with your squids (whoops, we mean kids) often!
- Can I include children on my Family or Plus membership that are not in my household?
- Only children living in your household may be registered on your membership.
- I have a Grandparent membership. How many children can I bring with me?
- You may bring up to four grandchildren with you on any visit to the Aquarium.
- I purchased my membership online. When do I receive my materials?
- If you purchased your membership online, you should receive an acknowledgement e-mail a few minutes after completing your purchase. If you are planning to visit immediately, please print out this acknowledgement e-mail and bring it to the Membership Desk.
- I purchased my membership over the phone or through the mail. When do I receive my materials?
- If you purchased your membership over the phone or through the mail, please allow two to three weeks.
- How do my membership dues support the Aquarium?
- Your membership dues help support the Aquarium of the Pacific’s mission to instill a sense of wonder, respect, and stewardship for the Pacific Ocean, its inhabitants, and ecosystems. This includes supporting our exhibits that are home to more than 11,000 ocean animals, sustaining our award-winning education programs, providing the Aquarium’s animals with the best care possible, promoting ocean conservation, and so much more. A big thank you to all our members—we truly couldn’t accomplish all of this without your support!
- When does my membership expire?
- Your membership expires 12 months from the original purchase date. If you don’t remember your expiration date, you may ask an associate at any ticket counter or call the Membership Office at (562) 437-3474.
- What happens if I renew before my membership expires?
- An additional 12 months will be added to your expiration date. For example, if you renew in February but your membership expires in June, then we’ll add 12 months to your expiration date and your membership will expire in June of the following year. This means you don’t “lose” any months from your membership.
- What happens if I renew after my membership has expired?
- Your membership will have a new expiration date, which will be 12 months from the date you renewed your membership. For example, if your membership expired in June but you renew two months later in August, then your new membership expiration date will now be in August of the following year.
- Can I still use my old membership card(s) if I renewed after my expiration date?
- Yes, your membership card(s) will automatically be updated with your new expiration date when you renew.
- When do I receive my membership card?
- Your membership card will be issued on site at the Aquarium’s Membership Desk during your first visit as a member.
- What happens if I lose or forget my membership card?
- If you forgot your membership card, please bring a photo ID to the Aquarium and we can check you in at the Membership Desk. If you lost your membership card, we can reissue your card at the Membership Desk.
TRANSFERABLE MEMBER CARD
- Is my membership transferable? Can I change the second adult on my membership?
- Your annual membership is non-transferable. As a result, we cannot change the second adult on your membership. If you would like a transferable card, please consider upgrading to our Plus membership (or higher) so that you will receive a transferable card as part of your benefits.
- What is a transferable member card?
- A transferable card allows you to bring one additional guest and may only be used once per day. The cost for a replacement transferable card is $35.
- Do I need to be present for my guest to use the transferable member card?
- You do not need to be present for your guest to use the transferable card. Many of our members give the transferable card to their babysitter, nanny, or grandparent so that he or she may enjoy the Aquarium with the children.
- What happens if I lose or forget my transferable membership card?
- If you lost your transferable membership card, it will cost $35 to reissue the card at the Membership Desk. If you forgot your transferable membership card, you must purchase a ticket for your guest. The good news is that all members receive 20 percent off guest admission tickets.
VISITING THE AQUARIUM
- Do you have any blackout dates? When is the Aquarium closed?
- The Aquarium does not have any blackout dates. We are closed only one time a year on Christmas Day (December 25).
- When is the best time for members to visit the Aquarium?
- On weekdays, the best time to visit is after 2:00 p.m. to avoid large groups of schoolchildren. On the weekends, the best time to visit is between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Can I get a discount on admission tickets for my guests?
- All members receive 20 percent off guest admission tickets (hooray!). Additionally, some membership levels receive complimentary guest admission tickets. Check out our membership levels and benefits to learn more.
- Are there family restrooms at the Aquarium?
- Every women’s and men’s restroom at the Aquarium has a changing table. This includes the restroom located outside the Aquarium near the Member’s Express Entrance. The women’s restroom on the first floor near the head of the blue whale has a mommy lounge with a couch and an activity area for toddlers.
- What are rubbing tiles?
- Rubbing tiles are tiles that have imprinted designs of different animals located throughout the Great Hall. We invite our members to see if you can find all of the rubbing tiles; the information desk has paper and crayons available for you to use.
- How do I purchase a membership as a gift for someone?
- You may purchase a gift membership online, on site, over the phone, or through the mail. Before starting the purchase process, it is helpful to have the name and contact information of the person who will be receiving the membership. Please note: All gift membership materials are sent to the purchaser unless a special request is made on the date of purchase by calling (562) 437-3474.
- When does the gift membership start?
- The gift membership becomes active on the date of purchase and is valid for one year from this purchase date.
- When will I receive my gift membership materials?
- Please allow two to three weeks to receive your gift membership materials.
- Where can I learn more about member events?
- Members receive invitations to special events and members-only previews for new exhibits. Visit the Member Events Calendar to find out what’s coming up and how you can join in on all the fun!
Members also receive free or discounted entrance to the many festivals, lectures, and events held at the Aquarium each month. Check out the list of upcoming events by clicking here and read through the event details to find the entrance fee for members.
- What exclusive discounts and offers do members receive?
- Member-only discounts and offers, include:
- 20 percent off the purchase of gift memberships and guest tickets
- 10 percent discount in our gift stores (20 percent during December!)
- 50 percent off parking with pre-paid parking vouchers
- Discounts on 4-D movie tickets and educational programs
- My membership comes with complimentary guest tickets. When will I receive them?
- If you purchased your membership online, your guest tickets will be at the Membership Desk within 24 hours of purchase. If you purchased your membership over the phone or through the mail, you will receive your guest tickets in the mail within two to three weeks. Please note: Some membership levels do not receive guest tickets.
- I haven’t received my complimentary guest tickets in the mail, but I want to use them today. What should I do?
- Please call us at (562) 437-3474 to discuss your specific situation.
- When do my complimentary guest tickets expire?
- Your complimentary guest tickets are valid for one year from the date that you purchased your membership. This expiration date is printed on the guest tickets.
- What is Pacific Currents?
- Pacific Currents is a full-color magazine created just for our members. It is published three times annually and features a variety of stories on the Aquarium, the ocean, and conservation. Members receive a FREE subscription as part of their fantastic benefits.
- Do you have reciprocal benefits with other aquariums or zoos?
- Unfortunately, we do not have any reciprocal benefits with other aquariums or zoos.
PARKING FOR MEMBERS
- Do members receive a discount on parking? What is the cost?
- Yes, we offer our members five pre-paid parking vouchers at a discounted rate of $20 (at the regular price, five parking tickets would cost $40). Member parking vouchers are good for one year from the date of purchase.
- What are member parking vouchers?
- Please see question above.
- How can I purchase the member parking vouchers?
- Member parking vouchers are available for purchase on site, over the phone, or through the mail. Unfortunately, we do not have an online option to purchase pre-paid parking vouchers.
- When will I receive my member parking vouchers?
- Member parking vouchers purchased over the phone or through the mail will be mailed to you within two to three weeks of the payment processing date.
- How do I use the member parking vouchers?
- When you enter the structure you will be issued a white parking ticket from the machine at the entrance. Insert your white parking ticket from the parking structure at the kiosk (located on the first and second floors), and then scan your pre-paid parking voucher (each one has a barcode printed on it). This will validate your white parking ticket. When leaving the parking structure, you will insert your white parking ticket at the gate to exit.
- I lost my member parking voucher. Can it be reissued?
- No, unfortunately, we are unable to reissue member parking vouchers. The parking structure is owned and operated by an outside company, so the Aquarium has no way of tracking whether or not a parking voucher is used. We recommend treating your member parking vouchers as if they are cash and keeping them in a safe place.
- I decided not to purchase member parking vouchers. What should I do?
- Please be sure to have your parking validated at the Membership Desk for the discounted $8 Aquarium daily rate.
MISC MEMBER QUESTIONS
- How do I update my contact information on my membership?
- Please call us at (562) 437-3474, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to update your contact information.
- I recently moved. How do I change the address on my membership?
- Please see the question above.
- What does it mean to go paperless?
- Going paperless means that you are electing to receive all of your membership materials and communication via e-mail. You will also receive a digital version of Pacific Currents (our exclusive magazine for members). The ocean thanks you!
- How do I go paperless?
- Please call us at (562) 467-3474, or send an e-mail to email@example.com to go paperless.
- Do I have to give my email for my membership?
- Email is optional for members; however, you will miss out on member benefits that are often sent via email. This includes event invitations, announcements of special discounts, and our monthly e-newsletter that keeps you updated on the newest animals and activities.
- What is your Federal Tax ID?
- The Aquarium of the Pacific Federal Tax ID is 33-0532354. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) institution.
- Is my membership tax-deductible?
- Yes, all of our membership levels are tax-deductible. In accordance with Internal Revenue Service guidelines, no gifts or services are provided in exchange for your membership donation. We suggest you retain your membership receipt or membership acknowledgement letter for tax purposes.