A summer ocean adventure awaits!
Explore the Pacific Ocean and its inhabitants during our week-long summer day camp adventures.
Campers will get the chance to go behind the scenes, meet animal care staff, and help us take care of some of the animals. Each Ocean Adventure Camp week is a different program.
Offered: July 23–27, 2018
Times: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Topics(subject to change without notice):
|Day||Morning Topic||Afternoon Topic|
|Monday||N. Pacific Fish||Coral Reefs|
|Wednesday||Conservation||Wet and Wild|
|Friday||Shark Fossils||Extreme Sharks|
- Make toys for and watch an octopus feed.*
- Become a paleontologist and dig for shark fossils.
- Feed fish from the North Pacific.*
- Learn simple solutions to pollution that everyone can participate in.
- Go behind the scenes to feed sea otters.*
- Tour the top of our largest exhibit, the Tropical Reef.
- Experiment with density of water in a water stacking experiment.
- Discover how we cut windows in shark eggs.*
- Practice moving like a seal and sea lion in a unique relay race.
- Animal touch time in our private classroom touch pools.
- Snacks (Parents, please provide 2 snacks for your child each day)
- Lunch (Parents, please provide a lunch for each day)
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Note: Due to behind-the-scenes access and game time, we ask that your child wear comfortable closed-toe shoes everyday. Please avoid sandals and flip-flops.
|Cost||$329; $299 for Aquarium Members|
This event is sold out. Tickets/reservations are no longer available.
|Sold Out||July 23–27, 2018|
(562) 590-3100, ext. 0
Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 1 week before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 1 week before a program will still be charged the full program price.
Camp Confirmation Materials
Once you have booked your Aquarium Camp Experience, please complete the Confirmation Packet and bring it with you on the first day of camp.
Camp Confirmation Packet
If your child has food allergies, please inform the Guest Support Center at (562) 951-1630 and bring a completed Food Allergy Protocol with you on the first day of camp.
Food Allergy Protocol