A summer ocean adventure awaits!
Explore the Pacific Ocean and its inhabitants during our week-long summer day camp adventures.
Campers will get the chance to go behind the scenes, meet animal care staff, and help us take care of some of the animals. Each Ocean Adventure Camp week is a different program.
Offered: June 24-28, 2019 & July 29-August 2, 2019
Times: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Monday–Friday
Topics (subject to change without notice):
|Day||Morning Topic||Afternoon Topic|
|Monday||Tide Pools||Fish of Southern CA|
|Wednesday||Sharks: Teeth||Sharks: Anatomy|
|Thursday||Wonders of Water||Plankton|
- Go behind the scenes to feed our sea otters.*
- Discover how sound moves through ocean water.
- Feed tide pool animals*
- Investigate shark teeth through a hands-on activity.
- Take a look inside a real fish.
- Make food to feed Aquarium animals.*
- Tour above our Blue Cavern habitat and toss in some food for the fish.*
- Collect plankton in Rainbow Harbor and investigate under a microscope.
- Animal touch time in our private classroom touch pools.
- Snacks (Parents, please provide 2 snacks for your child each day)
- Lunch (Parents, please provide a lunch each day)
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Note: Due to behind-the-scenes access and game time, we ask that your child wear comfortable closed-toe shoes everyday. Please avoid sandals and flip-flops.