Dive into some marine science!
Dive into science as you conduct marine biology experiments, go on behind-the-scenes tours, have unique animal interactions, and journal about your discoveries. The camp ends with a sleepover, which includes a pizza party dinner, a movie and popcorn, and special keepsake T-shirt.
Offered: July 27-30, 2015
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday & Tuesday
8:00 a.m. Wednesday-7:30 a.m. Thursday
Topics (subject to change without notice):
|Monday||Be a Scientist and Sharks|
|Wednesday||Ocean Exploration and Marine Mammals|
|Wednesday Night||Deep Sea|
- Measure and learn the importance of dissolved oxygen in water.
- Design an experiment to grow and observe brine shrimp throughout the week.
- Go behind-the-scenes to feed our sea otters.*
- Search for blue whales along our coast on a Whale Watching Trip.
- Feed sharks in Shark Lagoon.*
- Dissect a squid to learn about squid anatomy
- Practice exploring the deep sea with a ROV.
- Produce, direct, and star in your own creative shark conservation commercial then watch it on the big screen in Ocean Theater.
- Watch the animals at night during a flashlight tour of our darkened galleries.
- Pizza dinner Wednesday night.
- Cereal breakfast Thursday morning.
- Snacks (Parents, please 2 snacks each day)
- Lunch (Parents, please provide a lunch each day)
What to Bring for the Sleepover:
- Comfortable and Conservative Sleepwear
- 1 outfit for Thursday
- Toothbrush and other toiletries (NO showers available)
- Sleeping Bag
- Small mattress or cot (optional) - We will be sleeping on the floor in a gallery, so you may bring this for your comfort. However, please only bring what YOU can CARRY.
- DO NOT BRING FOOD: We can accommodate for any special DIETARY NEEDS just LET US KNOW in advance.
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Note: Due to behind-the-scenes access, we ask that your child wear comfortable closed-toe shoes everyday. Please avoid sandals and flip-flops.
July 27-30, 2015 | 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
|Cost||$270 ($240 for Aquarium Members)
*Pre-registration required. CHILDREN ONLY
*DOES NOT INCLUDE ADMISSION
Enroll in this camp online.
Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.
Marine Science Sleepover Camp
This three day camp boasts something none of our other camps offer: the chance to sleep under the sea stars!Aquarium of the Pacific DD/MM/YYYY
Camp Confirmation Materials
Once you have booked your Aquarium Camp Experience, please complete the Confirmation Packet and bring it with you on the first day of camp.
Camp Confirmation Packet
If your child has food allergies, please inform the Guest Support Center at (562) 951-1630 and bring a completed Food Allergy Protocol with you on the first day of camp.
Food Allergy Protocol