Learn about the special needs that marine biologists must consider when taking care of animals from this area.
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
The Aquarium of the Pacific represents three regions of the Pacific Ocean; discover the special adaptations animals have to live in the warm waters of the Tropical Pacific. During this 2- hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Use a world map to identify the Tropical Pacific
- Understand that corals are animals by using clay to create a class coral reef
- Take a guided tour of the Tropical Pacific gallery while completing a scavenger hunt
- Participate in a fish camouflage activity
- Learn the importance of fish shape on the coral reef
- Feed tropical fish behind-the-scenes*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.