Learn about the animals and habitat right off our own coast.
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Southern California/ Baja:
The Aquarium of the Pacific represents three regions of the Pacific Ocean; discover the special adaptations animals have to live right here along our Southern California beaches. During this 2- hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Learn about the diversity of marine habitats that Southern California has
- Investigate a kelp forest
- Take a guided tour of the Southern California gallery while drawing common animals that are found there
- See the connection of our actions on land to ocean pollution using an enviroscape model
- Participate in a game to illustrate the concept of bioaccumulation
- Play Habitat Bingo to review concepts learned in the program
- Feed invertebrates behind-the-scenes with one of our animal care staff*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Saturday, Feb 8, 2014 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Oct 11, 2014 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$24 per child
$19 for members
Aquarium admission not included
|Tickets||Please call to RSVP.|
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. (562) 951-1630|
Junior Biologist: Southern California/Baja
Kids ages 7-12 will discover the adaptations the animals that live right off our coast need.Aquarium of the Pacific DD/MM/YYYY