Learn about the animals and habitat right off our own coast.
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Southern California/ Baja:
The Aquarium of the Pacific represents three regions of the Pacific Ocean; discover the special adaptations animals have to live right here along our Southern California beaches. During this 2- hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Learn about the diversity of marine habitats that Southern California has
- Investigate a kelp forest
- Take a guided tour of the Southern California gallery while drawing common animals that are found there
- See the connection of our actions on land to ocean pollution using an enviroscape model
- Participate in a game to illustrate the concept of bioaccumulation
- Play Habitat Bingo to review concepts learned in the program
- Feed invertebrates behind-the-scenes with one of our animal care staff*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.