Sharks are amazing predators of the deep!
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Sharks are amazing predators with remarkable adaptations. Separate the facts from the myths about this incredible animal. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Feed animals behind-the-scenes with our animal care staff*
- Take a guided tour of the Southern California gallery to observe local shark species
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
Other activities may include:
- Discover how well shark senses work by matching the sense to the distance that it works
- Learn the key characteristics that make a shark a shark
- See just how large different species of sharks can grow
- Explore your own sense of smell
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Saturday, May 10, 2014 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$29.00 per child
Aquarium admission not included
Purchase your tickets for Junior Biologist here. Please select the correct date from the calendar to book the correct program.
Members, please call to purchase your discounted tickets.
Please call to RSVP.
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||(562) 951-1630. Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all experiences unless noted. Cancellations made 72 hours before the program will receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before a program will still be charged the full program price.|