Sharks are amazing predators of the deep!
Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Sharks are amazing predators with remarkable adaptations. Separate the facts from the myths about this incredible animal. During this 2-hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Feed animals behind-the-scenes with our animal care staff*
- Take a guided tour of Shark Lagoon to observe and touch tropical shark species
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
Other activities may include:
- Discover how well shark senses work by matching the sense to the distance that it works
- Learn the key characteristics that make a shark a shark
- See just how large different species of sharks can grow
- Explore your own sense of smell
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.