Do you know a budding marine biologist? The Junior Biologist series of programs at the Aquarium will encourage a love of science in your seven- to twelve-year-old child.
Each 2-hour class includes theme related activities, guided gallery tour, interaction with our animal care staff behind-the-scenes, and a keepsake journal.
Sink into the watery world of fish with us as we survey the many amazing adaptations these scaly friends have. During this 2- hour program your seven- to twelve-year-old child will:
- Touch animals in our private classroom touch pools
- Learn the key characteristics that make a fish a fish
- Discover the function of fish shape and fins while assembling a two dimensional fish model
- Observe fish using their fins in different ways on a scavenger hunt tour
- Practice eating like a shark, ray, sea horse, and whale shark
- Look for camouflaged fish on a guided tour of our Southern California gallery
- Feed fish behind-the-scenes with our animal care staff*
- Record observations in a keepsake journal
*The Aquarium reserves the right to change the animal interactions without notice due to animal safety, exhibit maintenance, or animal health reasons.
Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
Saturday, Dec 7, 2013 | 9:30 AM–11:30 AM
|Cost||$24 per child
$19 for members
Aquarium admission not included
|Tickets||Please call to RSVP.|
|Ages||7-12 years old|
|RSVP||Pre-registration and pre-payment required on all classes unless noted. (562) 951-1630|